I Forge Iron

Buffalo Forge BBQ Grill?

Jeff Lodge

Thats hilarious, and would probably work. For the price though, it might not be worth ruining what I would think is a rare piece of interesting equipment. I have seen tons of rivet forges, but in the couple of years of looking, only one bbq grill like that.

Oddly enough, there's a guy up the road that has one of these. I ran into him accidentally when I saw him in the yard cranking on a forge blower and making a ton of smoke. I thought I'd found a blacksmith in the neighborhood... but he was grilling steaks! The nerve of the guy!!

Works like a charm for forging bovine products, though he didn't invite me to join.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, the bbq grill thing caught my eye while browsing. I have a buffalo forge that looks (from a distance) like a round backyard bbq grill. I've been approached several times about selling it and can't seem to find any info on it. Anyone know what a reasonable price to ask for it? It seems to work, I know its general history , used on first cattle ranch in interior Alaska, brought up from Montana in late 30s, early 40,s. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks