I Forge Iron

New to this Site

Fatfudd

Hi-
I'm Dave but go by Fatfudd as a handle. I'm in awe of all of the incredible metal workmanship I see on this site. I hope someday to be half as good as many of you.
I have worked with metal in many forms for the past 40 years or so but mostly as a hobby and now have the time to really concentrate on it as an art form. Over the years I have accumulated many of the proper tools but only to a limited extent, the techniques. Since I live close by in NM, I'm hoping to get up and take Frank Turley's 3 week course next year, it just didn't work out this year. I'll look forward to reading and at times participating in many of the discussions and threads on this site. I'll post pics of my tools and later some of my work in the appropriate discussions. Thanks in advance for all of the help and assistance I know that all of you provide to greenhorns like me!

Hope to meet you at the June SWABA meeting! I'll be driving up from Socorro and can give you a ride if needed---though my 22 year old 3 banger pu doesn't have air conditioning anymore... I'd really make a push to take Frank's class if you can!

"The June SWABA meeting will be on Sat June 2 at 9am at Aaron Craig's shop at
4363 Center Pl, Santa Fe, NM 87507-9706 (aaron craig .
Directions on Yahoo! Maps;

Directions to: 4363 Center Pl, Santa Fe, NM 87507-9706 on Yahoo! Maps: http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=4363+Center+Pl%2C+Santa+Fe%2C+NM+87507-9706&conf=1&start=1&lat=36.06358116957895&lon=-100.9326383471489&zoom=9&mvt=m&trf=0&q1=Albuquerque%2C+NM&q2=4363+Center+Pl%2C+Santa+Fe%2C+NM+87507-9706

Bring you "Iron in the Hat" and "Pot Luck" to the meeting."