I Forge Iron

First knife post RR mini

Dennis Mayes

Have had several people buying these off me lately, wanted to share one with you guys. I'm still a total newb and have barely ventured outside of rr spikes yet. I just dont trust myself yet with better materials lol. Anyway, let me know what you think please. I present, the RR mini spike knife. P.S. Sorry for the low quality pic, my phone sucks.

post-24883-0-05575100-1334338228_thumb.j

I am still working through my first batch of RR spikes as I learn how to work metal. The grit part about them is if you screw up, it’s no big loss. However she n they come out right, its easy to impress my buddies, lol.

HAHA I know man. Same here!

And thanks for all the encouragment fellas. Awesome board here.

• 2 weeks later...

RR spikes are a great place to start, but as you will find all of this site is every steel works a bit differently. so get som e small pieces from other sources and exeriment. old broken hand tools, coil spings, jack hammer bits. all of these are great sources of steel to practice on. I personally find the broken tools a great source not to mention you can ussually get them cheap from pawn shops and flea markets in bulk. another great source is used worn out files.

SO far your doing great! keep it up