I Forge Iron

Flypress torch?

Brianswelding

I saw a video a while back with a guy that had a foot powered rosebud torch that had an idle flame and when he stepped on the pedal it would fire up nice and hot. He'd go back and forth from his torch to the flypress, the foot pedal attachment looked like a real fuel saver. Anyone know the name of that style torch? My google-Fu is weak on this one.

So its looking like all of these are more or less home made. Any place that sells one already figured out and ready to go? I'm kind of missing the point on that drawing in the link, the torch and bunsen burner are seperate from eachother, making not hands free right? Guy in the video has it setup the way I'd like it.

I'm kind of missing the point on that drawing in the link, the torch and bunsen burner are seperate from eachother, making not hands free right?

The last photo of post #13 in the linked topic shows it setup for treadle mode. The visegrips are weighting the lever in the off position until the treadle is pressed.

So its looking like all of these are more or less home made. Any place that sells one already figured out and ready to go? I'm kind of missing the point on that drawing in the link, the torch and bunsen burner are seperate from eachother, making not hands free right? Guy in the video has it setup the way I'd like it.
As far as I know you have to do the mods yourself If you don't want to do it ship me you gas saver and I will do it for a small fee. It is real simple make a mount for the gas saver, the pilot light is pipe thread into the gas saver just unscrew it add a street el a short piece of pipe and an elbow screw the pilot back into that. On the bottom of the base make a foot pedal so when you step on it it pushes a rod up to lift the lever on the gas saver, hang the torch on the hook, light the pilot, light the torch, hang the torch back on the hook go to work.