I Forge Iron

New Knife - Mostly stock removal

bnewberry

This is a really nice blade that the maker can be proud of. What I find interesting is the comments on the handle. It is, and has been my contention, that for the most part, an attractive handle will sell a knife, unless it is made by a known blade smith. I kind of equate it to my wine buying, ie, the lable. If it looks good, it sucks me in. I don't know a xxxxxx thing about wine. So, I just kind of bumble along at Trader Joes looking for labels that visually appeal to me.
This is most likely an over simplificatiion, but I will always believe that an attractive handle is a good start to sales.
John

This is most likely an over simplificatiion, but I will always believe that an attractive handle is a good start to sales. John

John,
As someone who has looked at & bought quite a few custom knives over the years, I think you're right. The handle is the first thing that will draw to me to any particular knife I may purchase. If I see something in stag, buffalo horn, rams horn, elk or some of the nice wood scales out there.....the maker has my attention. Then comes the style, size & the type of steel used. A nice sheath to compliment it is always a big plus.
Bruce