I Forge Iron

Banana hangers?

If you think about it for a moment, the banana bunch hanging naturally will find its center of gravity directly below the attachment point. If your hook to attach the bananas is directly above the center of your base plate, then your banana stand should stay upright and stable with your bananas remaining bruise free. All you need is a big enough hook to hang the banana bunch, enough clearance around the hook for the bananas to hang naturally, and a big enough stable base that it won't accidentally tip.

I made some in wood shop in high school, they were sold to support the shop, buy consumables and defray material costs. I don't recall the dimensions though. Just buy a bunch of bananas, hang it from a string and measure.

Phil

Of course if you carry a small tape measure in your pocket like I do, the next time you're in a department store grocery store, etc. you can just measure a banana hanger. They can be as fancy or simple as you like, be free standing or hang from some handy thingy in the kitchen, say an upper shelf.

Frosty The Lucky.