I Forge Iron

Parrots and Glossurr

Alan Evans

Hi Beth, ahh those parrots. They are just across the road at my exotic friend and neighbour Mark Anderson, he is referred to as Dodgy Mark by everybody around here for some reason. They will definitely be for sale, I will ask him where they came from and how much he wants for them if you like.

post-9203-0-23059300-1331250395_thumb.jp

Strangely although I had noticed the splash of colour I had not looked closely enough to identify them. A few months ago he had a whole herd of full size cows, a flock of sheep and some pigs. Last time I moved something for him with the forklift it was the cockpit section of jet plane fuselage, the time before that it was a red telephone kiosk and before that it was a stone trough, interesting man!

Yes, I did attend Michael's gold medal award ceremony, it was very moving, a special day for a special bloke, we were all in tears!

wow!!! there they are!!!! ( will tell you at this point we tried to move to whiteway once but they wouldnt have us... ;) ) i would Dearly like to know the price of this exotica.... dunno, this kind of thing does it for me :) i am AGHAST that you were involved with the cockpit section - please tell me it was not a clear "glass' upper section? was looking for a while for something similar for my campervan having seen one installed into an american living vehicle in the 70's, s extra head room and light!!! and ultimately - Style...:) i daresay we would have failed to get round to buying /installing it but i still think of that option... essecially as we are purchasing/selling campers at present having a reshuffle.

do you now, id have loved to see mike get his award, i certainly would have cried with you all, i bet it was indeed very moving. he is a very sweet generous man, and like you rightly said, a very special individual.

I am sorry you did not end up in Whiteway, there could have been three smiths in the village, although Ben has moved on now. It would have been like in its hey day in the nineteen twenties when my grandparents were invited over to set up a craft cooperative, they were leather workers. My mum lives in what was originally their workshop/showroom.

I have been over to see Mark and he thinks the Parrots were from a carnival float in Bridgewater. He also currently has a large fibre glass Buddha and a pineapple! He said 400 for the pair but then decided he would be sorry to see them go and said 500. I said you lived close and he could always borrow them back, he would be open to interesting offers of course!

post-9203-0-46001500-1331298783_thumb.jp
post-9203-0-08938000-1331298800_thumb.jp

thansk blacker ;) a buddha and a pineapple too...... its too much excitement...!!! i will give all the items on offere a little thought :) thank you!!!

thats very interesting your family have been up there for ages - and yes it would have been brilliant to move in alwasy appealed to me, but alas cash buyers only. we were young, poor, penniless!!! (still are, except the first one... :0 )

maybe one day you will accept a very quiet and non bothersome ( :) ) visitor to your workshop, so i can pick your probably very full brains.? and just generally chew the blacksmithing fat??

school of chemistry! NICE :) !!

Those parots are er ...... different, interesting yet.................different, 500 for the pair? What is the local counsil fortifying the water with?

School of chemistry! ..trying to replicate our local "tobacco"(Durban Poison) ?.. :rolleyes: All said in jest of course :D

i dont really have 500 quid to spend on gigantic fibreglass parrots ( or buddhas pineapples carrots etc) but i dont think 500ish is out of the way, you cannnot find this kind of exotica easily, should that be what floats your boat:) .. fairplay to dodgey john or whatever he was called.. dodgey mark...

you wont be shipping them back to SA then ian ? ;)

Maybe, after I've drunk the local water :D ...suitably diluted with single malt.

Also thinking of the 500 in local terms and not comnerting I suppose it's not so steep as they say time is money and those birds must have takes quite a bit of work-- they are cute it a way! sort of grow on you(no not like a fungus) B)