I Forge Iron

Forged spike hawk

That is really nice are you using a power hammer?

Thank you--I have one of the 2 original tirehammers Stuart Willis and I built using a rough drawing from the fertile mind of Ray Clontz ,I have been using this hammer hard for 8 or more yrs. ..and made quite a few bucks with it and couldn't do without it :o :D

Nice work as always, Butch. And it was eight years ago that Mike M. and I came over to take the measurements for what became "the hammer of the Scots". Time flies.

Hi John,it sure does,Ray came up with a great idea for us poboys--did you enjoy the Bigblu hammerin?

Butch,
Nice to see you posting over here. I'm very familiar with your work, as I bought a couple knives from you way back when (when you first joined) over at the knife forum.
I found this site about a month ago & just happened to see your hawk. As always, it's a a great looking hawk & very similar to your self-proclaimed mentor's.
Hope all is well at your end. Take care.
Bruce (Mick57)

Butch, Nice to see you posting over here. I'm very familiar with your work, as I bought a couple knives from you way back when (when you first joined) over at the knife forum. I found this site about a month ago & just happened to see your hawk. As always, it's a a great looking hawk & very similar to your self-proclaimed mentor's. Hope all is well at your end. Take care. Bruce (Mick57)

Hi Bruce,thanks for the post,haven't made a knife in a while,like to though,Stuart stays more traditional than me..I like to experiment with the profile and leather work---Take care-Regards Butch

Hi Bruce,thanks for the post,haven't made a knife in a while,like to though,Stuart stays more traditional than me..I like to experiment with the profile and leather work---Take care-Regards Butch

I noticed you've been concentrating on the hawks.....certainly not a bad thing. I already have a few, otherwise I would have grabbed one of yours along the way. Never know, I still may at some point.