I Forge Iron

the "Mark" hammer anyone have one???

I had a Mark Hammer.
I could not say enough good things about it. :)
It was well balanced and very adaptable to my needs.
I got very sick a few years ago and sold it to a good friend.
He was very happy to get it.

The advantages of an "In-line" hammer are many.
Without going into detail - If I was not so old I would buy one in a "New York Minute"

Ted Throckmorton

Travis, now I question why you asked the question.
Because you seem to know a whole lot about the company that manufactures the hammer than someone who is just probing for an opinion.
And; they must know you.

What difference would it make to say "Travis sent me"??

they are really good to deal with tell them travis sent ya

You have located the company that makes the Mark Hammer, have made deals with them before and feel they know you by name, then why not ask your questions to the company. Post #5 sounds like you are acting as a sales agent for the company.

Humor indeed, chasing the wild goose?

or go to just beyond the middle of nowhere, then right on the dirt road, then right again when you come to Snake Creek. You may pass the old sawmill run by Cooper Corbett and maybe an alpaca or two but keep going. About half way up Snake Creek you will find the LLC.

I've used one of the Lawler built treadle hammers for years. The only issue I've had is with the guide bearings coming apart, but that is only after years of use. Keep in mind that the Clay Spencer design is available at the ABANA website for a reasonable price. If you don’t have the time or wherewithal to build your own the Mark is a good choice, It is the one tool that once you have one in the shop you’ll be kicking yourself for not having done it years ago. I couldn’t imagine being without mine.