I Forge Iron

identify this hammer

Thanks for the vid Dan. Could be operator error or that it's jumping around, but it doesn't look like it hits very hard. If that's a 40# hammer I'd like to see it hitting about 25% faster too. But I've never actually run one, and any power hammer is better than no power hammer.

Loos like a well made hammer......If it wouldn't go any faster than the one in the video I'd have to pass. The upper die is very narrow and if that's the widest it take up there that would be strike two...Doesn't look as though single strikes are possible either. I think a Little Giant would run rings around it.

I have a hammer that is somewhat similar, a Rusty type or more correctly Powel patent and at 70# it is nice to run. Hits perhaps just a nit faster but not much, and in truth I like it that way as I have very nice control. Mine is a tire clutch and I can one hit.

I'm gonna agree with Ptree. Speed is highly underrated. By changing one of two pullys I can make either of my mechanical hammers faster or slower. One has an idler to take up the belt slack and the other, the motor slots. Judson makes the final statement ( and I myself have not run one of these hammers in the vid). To each his own. Seems like a fair bit of money though.