I Forge Iron

Hey Everyone.

joegroe

Greetings from southern Minnesota! I began smithing in early 2000 with a brakedrum forge and a simple steel plate as an anvil. I've just recently finished a 4 year enlistment in the Army and am getting re-aquainted with fire and steel now that I have the time and space again. I had specialized in mostly ornamental pieces such as chandeliers and railings. Now I am working on spears, axes, and other wood working tools. My thanks go to everyone here for making my re-learning curve less painful than it would have otherwise been.

Beware! the DARKSIDE of blacksmithing is summoning you! Sharp pointy thingys, weapons , ETC. are the cursed side of the anvil! Dwell not on tools of war. Make more decorative ironworks, things that make clients smile and appreciate the beauty of your work. Welcome back to the fire, there is much information to share here. I also thank you for your service to our nation.

Pay no attention to Rusty; weapons and tools can be beautiful spiritual things. In fact the Christian Bible has *two* places where it says to forge your Ag tools into weapons and only *1* that says to forge your weapons into Ag tools...(had a great pastor point that out to me once when I was getting started in smithing)