I Forge Iron

Wanting to learn blacksmithing

The IVBA has open forge at Carlinville. I'm not sure what days they have it. But if you contact the IVBA, they can answer that. Try Steve Parker at 217-935-2797. Also, you may want to contact Lorelei Sims, in Charleston. She's on the east central side of ILL, but runs 5 Points Blacksmith Shop. Call during the day and you will probably catch her at the shop. Her number is 217-345-1159. If she can't help you on the teaching end, she may be able to recommend someone in your area that can. Don't give up. Follow the idea. Good luck. :)

I whole heartedly second what George said, CONTACT LORELEI SIMS!!! She is a fantastic smith and fun to be around! I attended a seminar a few yrs back and learned more in that 2 day session than should be allowed! :P

She has written a book "The Backyard Blacksmith" and I use this book for projects when teaching my students. You can get a signed copy from her at this site; www.blacksmithchic.com Don't give up and good luck with your quest.