I Forge Iron

Because If he isnt sharing how to build one, then this thread is just a 5 page advertizement :D

He did show the scaler he uses with Granger part number. I am sure I could build a similar one from the videos and information Bruce has given here.  But if I needed one I would either buy one or the plans from Bruce because the bugs are worked out and I could probably buy it from him cheaper than I could make it here at my shop rate because he has made a couple and probably has jigs and layouts.  But the information contained in this thread shows one much faster way to do this type of chisel work. 

If this was Bruce's only thread or posts I would agree with your point  but he contributes a lot to this site and currently has another thread with a step by step as to how he is building a Bulldozer press.     . 

Its a nice thread, and I like the idea. It seems to work well and I never said he didnt help.  I didnt try to start anything other than ask about a BP on this.   Its my job here to get BP's ready for every Tue. BP presentation.

Someone got upset at my question and made a comment that turned this down hill.

Basicaly everything presented here is given freely to those that wish it, please dont read more into things than is already there. I only asked about a bp, cant we leave it at that rather than accusing about deleting this thread?? one could just  go to Harbour Freight too

Because If he isnt sharing how to build one, then this thread is just a 5 page advertizement :D

I paid for advertizing over at Metal Artist Forum, but my money isn't any good here.....I'll tell you all this, the tubing in the new model pic on 3 September is 2''x2''. Just copy the pic, enlarge or reduce to scale, then have at it....It isn't rocket science and it's way more than I had when I dreamed this money pit up........Just one thing, you'll earn every penny of that $1150 doing it..... ;) .......Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night ...... :lol:

• 2 months later...

My baby has undergone a change thanks to an innovation Youngdylan came
up with the one he built. His had an exposed spring spring directly over
the hammer which I didn't care for, but it works fine. I opted for an enclosed spring and lost the
clunky pressure weights because this is far cleaner looking and more
efficient. The dual indexing bars are now one which also acts as the
spring contact.......BTW you'll never do anything linear with a HF machine.

post-15096-0-01809400-1360856217_thumb.j

Looking good Bruce, looking good

I saw your first version but since you were the other side of the pond I spent a few days building my modified version. T'was time well spent because the results on the leaves I was veining were SUPERB  and it saved $DAYS$ of time. It's a great little machine you came up with Bruce .. and for the right job it will print money.

Looking good Bruce, looking good

I saw your first version but since you were the other side of the pond I spent a few days building my modified version. T'was time well spent because the results on the leaves I was veining were SUPERB  and it saved $DAYS$ of time. It's a great little machine you came up with Bruce .. and for the right job it will print money.

WOW, I don't know what to say other than thank you very much for your compliments and innovation. I know from your profile you lurk here frequently but it's good to see a post after such a long hiatus, especially this one.....MB

WOW, I don't know what to say other than thank you very much for your compliments and innovation. I know from your profile you lurk here frequently but it's good to see a post after such a long hiatus, especially this one.....MB

Well I guess it makes up for the way we got off on the wrong foot when we first met over here :)

I miss youngdylan's posts also.  Good to see you again.

Hi Ciladog, I guess the internet suddenly beame very empty after the late great and never to be forgotten Grant Sarver passed away. SO much knowledge, help and humour suddenly wasn't there  and the whole thing lost its appeal.... his post ARE the ones to miss..

Well I guess it makes up for the way we got off on the wrong foot when we first met over here :)

Hi Ciladog, I guess the internet suddenly beame very empty after the late great and never to be forgotten Grant Sarver passed away. SO much knowledge, help and humour suddenly wasn't there  and the whole thing lost its appeal.... his post ARE the ones to miss..

Amen.  Kinda spooky when you see him pop up in an old thread.