I Forge Iron

Ladder Damascus

BM454

I'm going to take Mick's advice about the grooves closer together on the next one. This is just the first one so I still have some learning to do yet. I enjoy this as mush as anything I've ever done in my life. I don't have the time to do another one at the moment. It's probably going to be around Christmas before I will have the time to work on anything else. I hope to get a weekend off sometime between now and then but, the wife would have dibs on that time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to take Mick's advice about the grooves closer together on the next one....

I like the effect of the wider spacing for use on larger and longer blades. But I have to agree, that smaller blades seem more impressive with the closer and tighter cuts. Still looks nice tho, nothing to be sorry for with this blade of yours.

Thank you Steve. I'm proud of it for sure. I don't have much time at the moment to do another one. Working 10 hours a day 6 days a week and driving a total of 3 to 3.5 hours a day. If I get some time it's to sleep. I do have a blade in mind though. I may do a double edge this next time. The wife wants a dagger. I'm guessing I'll make her one. She just don't know it yet.

Scott

I purchased some "15N20" bandsaw material from a saw maker who purchased it from Uddeholm. I was assured it was 15N20. When I made the billet though, NO PATTERN. It is good to hear that Uddeholm admits their smaller blades are actually simple carbon steel (these were .062x6). Just goes to show that even when you buy known steel it might not be what you expect.

Great first attempt, would be great for your 20th. Very nice contrast and it looks very solid. Nice Job :D

Thank you Chuck and everyone else. I'm looking forward to getting back in my shop. As of now, I'm working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Plus driving a total of 3 hours a day. Getting really old, really quick. Not sure what I want to make next but, I have an ideal on the design.

Scott