I Forge Iron

Well, knowing where about on the planet Earth will help. IFI is represented by many nations around the world.

Welcome aboard.

Options to reduce shipping include:

Buying a used anvil locally. Best value usually, used anvils in serviceable condition range from US$1-US$3 per pound weight.

If that is not possible, then if you can drive to get the anvil from the manufacturer or distributer.

Then asking for depot shipping, where they do not send a delivery truck to your house or business, instead you get it at the local depot.

Hope this helps some

Phil

Then asking for depot shipping, where they do not send a delivery truck to your house or business, instead you get it at the local depot.
Phil

Phil has a good suggestion, having it shipped to a shipping terminal near you.

Also, you could post where you are and ask if anyone plans on driving from the seller towards your direction.

Not knowing where you are makes it difficult to suggest; but there is always "blacksmith's mail" If you are going to a big conference like Quad-State you might be able to arrange for some one close to the seller to pick it up and deliver it to you at the conference. (Some companies will be on-site and you might be able to arrange to pick it up in person from the company at a conference too)

I was part of a Blacksmith's mail chain taking some industrial workshop lights from OH to AZ. I did the OH to NM leg.