I Forge Iron

Ralph back in the hospital

Glenn

I hate to have to report this, but Ralph almost died this morning and he's not out of the woods yet. As you all know, he has been fighting cancer since Oct. Two weeks ago he had another major surgery. We thought he was doing pretty well, but this morning a LARGE bloodclot went to his lungs. The emergency room doctor told me that if I had gotten him there any later...just minutes...he would have been dead. By that time his blood pressure was 70 over something and his oxygen level was 64%. They swarmed on him.

His right lung was completely blocked and part of his left They had to give a high risk medicine to dissolve the clot in order to try to save his life. It has caused some internal bleeding, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. His blood pressure and oxygen level are good right now. They may give him just one unit of blood.

They told me that the first six hours were most critical, and he made it through that. It looks likes he's going to be okay, but the doctor said he can't make any promises. Ralph is going to be staying in ICU for two or three days.

PLEASE pray for him and give his name to any prayer chains at churches, etc., if you can.

he's at Tuality Hospital in Hillsboro Oregon. But "no news is good news," so if you don't hear from me again soon, he's okay. It sounds like a few more days and we'll know for sure.Thank you for your prayers!

Dawn