I Forge Iron

Dining Room Table

macbruce

Naw, I just ran a strait edge along the outriggers for installation.............

For fabrication It was tricky, the U's were laid out and matched carefully, then with a level across the top of the U's I just went to the center mark on the crossbar.

The collars were fun.......1/2 x 6''........I had to buy a huge oxy propane torch (as big as a golf club)to make the bends, and that was more fun than wrapping them....

Nice looking Mac, you have a crane to wield that stuff around? Must have been hard to come up with the same length on the bars forged from the center out or did you just cut and weld?

Thanks Danger.......Crane yes! Lifting heavy stuff is for the macho, I was never much good at it anyway.. :lol:
The lower bars are all one piece and the U's were two, that made em far easier to bend..

Sorry for my Chinglish. :(

I thought it is safer that the two(or four) table legs connect together. Get it?

homer-doh.png
D'oh!........................10-4, The bases are so massive they don't move at all.......I made a coffee table first to make sure the thing was stable, and it is an eight legged table......