I Forge Iron

Slip Joint Pocket Knife

felix24

Hey guys,
my second attempt at a slip joint. The first was just to see if I could do it at all, so it turned out looking a little ugly....but it worked :P
This one is a prettier version for my dad as a birthday present. The blade and spring are made from O1 tool steel. The handle is made from brass and walnut.

s4022589.jpg

s4022593.jpg

s4022594.jpg

s4022596.jpg

s4022599.jpg

s4022597.jpg

s4022601.jpg

Thanks for looking,
take it easy,

-Felix

What a beast! Unless you have rather small hands there may be concerns over its size in some states for carrying.

I really like the file work, and how the primary bevel is polished but the flat steel is not providing an attractive contrast. The finish overall looks clean.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks guys ;)

Phil Krankowski, my hands aren't small but compared to my dad's they are, hence the huge handle :) . I live in Ireland, where you can't carry any knife in public areas no matter what the size unless you can prove you have a "good reason" to carry it. I'd say the only time he will have this bad boy in his pocket outside of the house is when we are out in the woods or something, where there are no people around.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...