I Forge Iron

Santa is a Blacksmith

I know most of you all know this by now, but for the ones that don't:

I got an early Christmas present last week. Stanley Schwartz (trying-it) made a treadle hammer for me since my arm is still messed up. Stanley and I had never met. He offered to build one earlier this year, and I sent a pattern of one I liked. He took a quick look at the pattern, and some others then built a better hammer than any of them! :D

We finally met last weekend at Glenn's in WV. (Glenn and his family are all Santas for allowing us to use their place as a "midpoint" and putting up with the lot of us for the weekend.) ;)

I am richly blessed by all the caring people on this site that have kept me in their thoughts and prayers. I count you all as friends!

A special thanks to Santa Stan (who even had a beard, but needs to add many, many pillows into a santa suit to fill it out). You are an amazing man!

Thanks also to Suasn, Stan's daughter for coming along to help her dad. Thanks to Aaron (Keykeeper) for adding to the merryment of the day!

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends!

Pam

1484.attach

I think I've already mentioned how attractive a gal who gets excited over tools is to me. You be one lucky gal.

It's a funny thing how the bad moments in life can lead to some pretty wonderful things. Last september 12th. I took a little dirt dive off a tilt top trailer and shattered my left arm and elbow. Living in Alaska, about the worst time to lay yourself up is fall so Deb and I were looking at all the things we needed to get done for winter and me not able to do much of anything.

After spending nine days in the hospital and undergoing two surgeries they sent me home to veg for several months while little of anything got done. The next thing I know one of the guys at work calls asking what would be a convenient time to come out with a crew of volunteers. Seven guys from work drove the 50+ miles to cut and split firewood, pickup stuff, tarp and generally winterize the place.

Friends have been cleaning our barn monthly, driving us to appointments (Until I got cleared to drive myself of course) and generally keeping us up on the necessary work curve. They even came out to remove the spruce tree when it crushed our vehicles.

We've had an "interesting" year in the sense of the Chinese curse, three major hits though nothing permanent nor tragic. The hard times are blessings, they let us know how strong we can be, they teach us valuable lessons and best of all they let us know people are basically good.

Merry Christmas Pam.

Hugs,

Frosty

1486.attach

1487.attach

1488.attach

• 4 weeks later...

The greatest gift I could ever recieve is that of seeing a fellow human being smiling; knowing that particular smile is present because of some contribution or effort on my part. Pam your smile will continue to warm my heart on the coldest day.

A BIG thanks to all the others that helped make this day possible & memorable!

Now if the rest of the world (and its many inhabitants) could only work together so well!

• 5 years later...