I Forge Iron

Nice one in North Carolina

This looks like a nice anvil if you are in the area. http://cgi.ebay.com/ANVIL-ANTIQUE-130-LB-BLACKSMITH-ANVIL-AND-TOOLS-/160554751097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2561cf1479
It appears to be a HB but I can't tell for sure. Seller says it was hand made by a friends father...yeah right!!

Well maybe I'll bid on it if you two don't.. :P

Ken, I'm in Fairview also. Assuming you're in Asheville area Fairview, and not east of Charlotte.

Cheers!

If you want it go ahead, I won't fight you. Kens the only person I know in wnc, nice to meat you.
If it went low I would jump on it as close as it is. But if your in need I don't need excess that bad.

Good luck.

Looking at it my grandfather has an anvil that looks just like that. He bought it from a little tool shop that looked like a harbor freight, just a smaller outfit.
Looked just like that... Cast-iron, Tool steel top, shape minus the wielded base, and no name on it. Almost identical.

Anyone recognize it as something else?

Anyone get it for 338?

Nope, I quit at $300 with 5 minutes to go, $300 was my preset limit, what was in my pocket. Over $2 a pound and rising fast for an unknown make by an unknowing seller, etc. was too much risk for me. There is always that guy in Pageland, Madison in May, and other auctions coming up. You can't take it personally.

Plus, the hounding by Flea-bay was truly nerve grating. Red letters after every failed incremental bid, until you pass the other guy's maximum bid "You've been outbid!!! Don't let it get away, bid higher now!!!" Emails in my box, even after it was over. At live auctions, that behavior is considered shilling, and illegal.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the *real* price on an E-Bay auction often is reached in the last few seconds as all the bid sniping programs kick in talking about how cheap it is earlier usually is a waste of time.

I found that stirring about and talking with people was a better method than E-Bay for me.

Since the *real* price on an E-Bay auction often is reached in the last few seconds as all the bid sniping programs kick in talking about how cheap it is earlier usually is a waste of time.

I found that stirring about and talking with people was a better method than E-Bay for me.

Yeah, if you're looking for a good deal, ebay often isn't the spot. If you're looking or something specific, and you're patient, it can be great.