I Forge Iron

Fire Fighters Plaque

Hi all! So my son is graduating tomorrow from the fire academy. Each class builds a plaque to hang in the classroom. Now my son is even more competitive than I am. which by the way is very. Anyway he came to me with an idea and he and I designed and build this plaque. I forged the Pike poles and did a rope twist ring and I had my daughter weld together the ladder. I have a good friend that did the paint and lettering. My part as far as forging goes isn't anything special but with the paint and how it all came together I think is very nice. Not much of a blacksmith piece as a whole, but I thought I would share it here. There are many great craftsmen on this site that I thought would appreciate it. Let me know what you think! As always all comments are welcome.

post-13376-0-71544200-1296791537_thumb.j

Sweet!!! How big?
Anything that has to do with fire is good here with all these piro's. Even if it has more to do with putting fires out then setting them :P

Yea I guess I should have put in the dimensions. It is 42 by 42 inches. My friend is so good with his airbrush the flames look real. I do wish I could do that. But its funny he wishes he could do what I do too!

Tireif,
Congratulations on two great things! Great balance on the plaque, nice air brush work and the use of the pike poles and the Maltese cross! I bet your a proud Dad and your son is probably very proud of Dad for a job well done!!
Steve Christensen
P.s. I'm at the other end of that career
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Daring-Helicopter-Rescue-Saves-Two-Men-114992669.html

Tireif,
Congratulations on two great things! Great balance on the plaque, nice air brush work and the use of the pike poles and the Maltese cross! I bet your a proud Dad and your son is probably very proud of Dad for a job well done!!
Steve Christensen
P.s. I'm at the other end of that career
http://www.nbclosang...-114992669.html

Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for being of service. I have a great deal of respect for what you do. The story that you sent a link for was amazing.

I am very proud of my son. He served in the marines for 5 years and now will serve his city that he lives in. I dont think it gets much better than that.

Looks very nice. I am a retired firefighter with almost 23 years in the Montgomery Fire Department,the last 6 of which were spent as a fire investigator. Which meant that I got to go through the police academy and become a law enforcement officer. LOVED IT! His career will fly by.
Firebug

I am on my 32nd year with the San Antonio Fire Department. My third year as an instructor at the Fire Academy. We graduated a class of 41 last Friday. To graduate from the academy takes a lot of hard physical and mental work. There has to be a practice of teamwork and attention to detail. These are the things that will keep them safe. A well deserved congratulations to your son and yourself. Enjoy the job as it feels I only started here myself. I still look forward to going to work in the mornings.
Good Luck,
Jerry