I Forge Iron

Wilton 600

BM454

I bought this little vice back in the summer. The guy had it in the back of his truck and I spotted it. I was like, I would like to have a vice like that and he said it was for sale. When he said $200, I thought that's rather high for a vice. Well the more I thought about it the more I wanted it. I seen him the next day and bought it. I got it home and did some research on it and found it was a Wilton 6 Inch Machinist Vice. They list (new) for around $1,100. Yes it was used but not that much. For the price I gave for it I think I did ok.

Scott

post-13863-0-95661100-1291233700_thumb.j

I bought this little vice back in the summer.

Awesome, Scott! Sounds like you did well. This gives me a bit of an idea what my two 4" ones are worth. :) Yeah 4" seems small but Wilton makes a dynamite vice. I have used and abused one for a good 15 years. I have it mounted on a pedestal instead of a bench. This allows me to work all around it and it's movable. Currently I have it anchored to the shop floor so I could do some heavy bending and scrolling in it. The second one was Dad's. Its nearly new and sits in storage waiting for me to wear this one out LOL. He got both for free as the previous owner had no idea what he had and apparently, Dad did!! B)

Scott

I have a 5" HF vise that I bought years ago and has served me very well. It's not high quality but it is a decent tool and has given very good value for the money. Still I would like a Wilton.
How do you weld onto those vises? They are CI.

I got one of those and was real happy thinking that I had the biggest vise on the block then I was at a hydraulic shop and they had an 8 inch bullet vise, now I need an 8 inch. I got a little 2 inch wilton bullet that sits on my shelf and looks cool. I love those bullet vises they are tough. I also have a wilton offset vise I have only seen one other and he got his at the same place as mine, any of you know what I am talking about.

Yeah... I have been on the lookout for an 8 for some time... I have a 6 a 5 two 4 1/2's three 4's and a C3 and a C2...

I still need a 2" and a 8"...

I offered a guy $750 once for a real nice 8".... He wouldn't sell...

When I bought my 6" it came with a new C3 which I sold for $800... I tried to keep it and sell the guy my old one but he really wanted the new one..

This is my C3 and a yard stick for scale

post-2750-0-35353200-1291432569_thumb.jp

• 2 years later...