I Forge Iron

Have you ordered from Zoeller?

Ulric

I have ordered from him. I think it is kind of a side business for him so it isn't quite like ordering from a "normal" online store. I emailed him with what I wanted to purchase and a day or two later got a reply with the amount with shipping figured in. I was expecting an email with a PayPal link like I have had with eBay but a couple days later when that didn't show up I logged into PayPal and used the send payment option to send the payment to the PayPal info he has on his website....a week or so later my package showed up.

I think if you are expecting the automated responses you get when shopping at most online stores you will be frustrated but if you keep in mind that it is a one may operation and a sideline to his normal business and have a bit of patience you will be satisfied with the products you purchase.

He only ships outgoing one day a week (I think) and it took my order more than 10 days to get to me. This was a year ago. Give him 14 days then email/call directly. I know, this is a very long time in todays fast paced society.

I don't recall the ship method, but want to say priority mail flat rate box.

Can you imagine ordering from Sears and Roebuck's paper catalog and waiting 6 MONTHS for orders? I remember as a kid waiting 6-8 weeks for some things, and almost forgot about them by the time they arrived. It was like Christmas!

Phil

I live in the same town as Larry, so I haven't ordered from him. I can say he wouldn't cheat you on purpose and that his products are accurately described. I have been using a forge that he built since 2004.

Can't hurt to give him a nudge if you haven't gotten a response within a couple of weeks of your order.

Lewis

It does say on his site that the orders are about a week behind. My order took about three weeks to reach me in NZ, but all arrived safely and was at a much better price ($50 less) than I could get here. So overall I am very happy with the service and the quality and price of the goods. (fisher regulator, por fitting and gauge)
Jason

Fc, no worries on that. Just wanted to get some idea on time frame and found the lack of communication irksome.

I had sent the request/order on the 9th, it's the 19 and the only 'contact' I've received has been the invoice. Not so much worried about being 'cheated' as a 3+ week wait for the order.

I bought a couple of burner nozzles from him some years ago. I don't recall many details, but I remember being satisfied with what he delivered and also that it wasn't particularly fast.

He caters to a niche market, blacksmiths using gassers with atmospheric burners, and most of its members talk to each other online or elsewhere. He couldn't still be in business if there were a lot of unhappy customers.

I have ordered fro Larry a couple of times. I like being able to order from
someone who understands what I am doing. I don't think I ever paid much
attention to how long it took but orders came in a reasonable time.

It's easy to get impatient in todays world.