I Forge Iron

First Chute Knife

Randy Jr. HHH Knives

Here she is a 3 bar comp damascus chute with birch burl handles and 416 stainless guard,
This knife was inspired by Bob Loveless' design. RIP Bob
Damascus Forged By: Randy Jr. HHH
Design and Handles: Randy Sr. HHH
Specs:
OAL 9.5"
Blade length 2 5" cutting edges
These pics are befroe the finished edge was put on it, this thing is sharp
This is the first one we have done so would like to know your guys opinion on this one!

post-13650-046232100 1285355734_thumb.jp

post-13650-086257700 1285355798_thumb.jp

post-13650-027644400 1285355868_thumb.jp

Here she is a 3 bar comp damascus chute with birch burl handles and 416 stainless guard,
This knife was inspired by Bob Loveless' design. RIP Bob
Damascus Forged By: Randy Jr. HHH
Design and Handles: Randy Sr. HHH
Specs:
OAL 9.5"
Blade length 2 5" cutting edges
These pics are befroe the finished edge was put on it, this thing is sharp
This is the first one we have done so would like to know your guys opinion on this one!

The workmanship is amazing. Truly a custom masterpiece.

Now personally I'm not a buyer of Damascus knives - I veiw them more as showpieces than working knives, and I prefer working knives. But everything about this knife is showpiece quality: the handles, the rivets holding the handles on, the crossguard.

As far as design, I absolutely *love* the 5" figheter or chute knife. I like the general design of this one, but think you should have gone into one of the two directions you point at on this knife. One directio would have been a true symetrical dagger design. It's *so* close to that, but not quite there. The other would have been a more typical "single sided blade with large edge on back of the blade" (a 'real' false edge - sorry my knife terminology is not as good as it should be).

Instead it's kind of 1/2 way between those two, and it looks awkward to me for it. To me the classic is the latter - look at the Randall Model 15. That's the basic idea: it's a bowie-esqe single sided with a good sharp 1/2 edge on the back, but still retains the chunkyness of a single sided blade.