current anvil suppliers

hello all,

does anyone have a current list of anvil makers/suppliers
I am in the market for a new anvil and i have my eye on few, mainly:
a euroanvil from blacksmithsupply.com

a TFS from blacksmithdepot.com

one of the new rhino anvils from
www.incandescent-iron.com

i would like a 200 lbs or better but these 3 are the only ones i've found and was wondering if there are others i should look at before i make my purchase.
I'm also curious what you guys would pic if buying one of these.

Thanks a bunch !

thanks for the suggestion to look around in the forum,
I did that a little but dug even further in some posts,
and found some reference to fontanini's.
these seem more to my liking !! and the price is near what i want to spend and it's made in the USA so there is a plus as well.
gonna take a couple days to decide, it's a lot of money to me...

I have the Ozark pattern anvil by Tom Clark, and I would recommend it, yes it is a big chunk of change but when you forge on one you will know that it was money well spent. The desing of the anvil was well thought out, the feet are upsetting blocks, three pritchel holes, double bick, the list goes on.
There is another supplier that I did not see mentioned Reffinghaus anvils, they look sweet lots of different options to chose from
http://www.blksmth.com/Refflinghaus_Anvils.htm

I'm using a Fontanini 250# "Rathole" anvil presently, and it is pretty nice. It is fastened down into a box of sand, has good rebound, and it's not noisy.

What I like is that they are cast in the U.S. of alloy steel, and they are carefully sanded/finished by Steve Fontanini in Wyoming.

Let's keep some money in the U.S.

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

I have the Ozark pattern anvil by Tom Clark, and I would recommend it, yes it is a big chunk of change but when you forge on one you will know that it was money well spent. The desing of the anvil was well thought out, the feet are upsetting blocks, three pritchel holes, double bick, the list goes on.
There is another supplier that I did not see mentioned Reffinghaus anvils, they look sweet lots of different options to chose from
http://www.blksmth.com/Refflinghaus_Anvils.htm

These are also cast of S7 in the USA, in Missouri. Pretty much the in heart of the USA.

Not sure if this is a request for addresses of current anvil suppliers or looking for recommendations.

One current supplier, not US but UK, is www.anvils.co.uk That will take you to the Vaughans website (watch the spelling not Vaughns!) I think they must have the most comprehensive range available ranging from tiny jewellers types upto 250 Kg both single and double horn. Also sawmakers round anvils. They also sell a couple of designs of farriers anvils. Just make sure you are sitting down when you look at the prices. I have a 125 Kg (280 pounder) and think it is wonderful. It would just not be economic to ship one to USA though.

That address is worth visiting to see their catalogue. It gives all sorts of ideas for tools which I then go out and make for myself.

Having just read back a bit I see mention of the Rhinos from www.incandescent-iron.com I have one of each size. I like them a lot and for the price I doubt if they can be beaten. They are very well finished and as hard as a mother in law's heart. Being alloy steel I suspect helps. If you see the prices remember that the company gives a discount if you are an ABANA member.

I use the little one as a travelling anvil. I understand that some farriers find them convenient. The big one is great as a striking anvil. I think the point is they are relatively cheap so for the same price you can get a heavier anvil which is usually good news.

Ozark pattern For me. Went to a BAM meeting sat. and was ask to demo Really missed all the features on my anvil. Big clip on the side is soooo useful. I have had mine for a long time ( first or second ) batch cast, no problems at all and several newbys have hit it pretty hard, Not a mark

My Colonial Pattern Anvils run 100 pounds and the Continental runs 110 pounds. I had troubles finding the info I had posted on IForge a long time ago about my anvils, so here's a short cut: http://hoffmansforge.com/anvils

I am getting prices now for a larger Continental pattern with with a 4" by 4" shelf. 5" wide face, 34" long from tip to tip of each horn. Heat treat facility said no problems getting the 52 Rockwell with H13 that I am using with the other anvils. Estimated weight will be around 300 pounds.