I Forge Iron

Triangle Dinner "come and get it"

I use 5/8" or 3/4" rd or sq mild steel, whatever is handiest. quench in water. I had one at the ABANA gallery this yr, just for fun. Started to not put it in because of all of the FANTASTC work that was submitted but then realized that there were a bunch of newbies there and would be intimidated with some of the skill involved in a lot of the items. I also donated it to the auction and it brought $90. so I was pleased that there were those there that thought it was nice. It had a nice full ring to it too.

I use 5/8" or 3/4" rd or sq mild steel, whatever is handiest. quench in water. I had one at the ABANA gallery this yr, just for fun. Started to not put it in because of all of the FANTASTC work that was submitted but then realized that there were a bunch of newbies there and would be intimidated with some of the skill involved in a lot of the items. I also donated it to the auction and it brought $90. so I was pleased that there were those there that thought it was nice. It had a nice full ring to it too.

Yep, Thomas, if you quench mild, it will make it harder and ring like a bell, but "sucker rod is free anywhere they are drilling oil.
It was nice to meet you at the ABANA conference this year, and that was a great thing that you did by donating your work. More people should do the same for the cause, no matter what they may think.

Thanks Brian. to be honest, my wife talked me into putting it in the gallery because of the above reason. I also bought the turning fork and a couple other items that Tsur and Amit made at one of their demos I watched. Didn't notice till I got home that they didn't mark any of the pieces...Have to talk to them about that!
I'm hoping to get to Miss. this next year to one of ya'll meetings and hopefully maybe get a class from you while there. Have to see how the 'day job' goes.
I'm in the middle of 'gas country' and can get a lot of sucker rod. But the sq. stock I get is drops from a friend that builds entry gates and such, he lets me dumpster dive, as wll as a few other friends. I buy when I need the long pieces for projects.