I Forge Iron

Aussie Hammers for Sale

Hands off America chums! We have far fewer hammers than u guys.

But having said that here is 'nother one!
In the Machinery & Plant magazine.
"7 cwt clear space Massey, somewwhere in Tassie, $14,000 (!!?!) 0424 554 433"
No idea who it is. seems a bit expensive to me, what do you think?
AndrewOC

AndrewOC

Andrew , there'd be far less in the country if MOONY didn't save em from goin' in as scrap

Dale Russell

AndrewOC

Yeh a bit over priced A O'C to the tune of about $7000.00 overpriced. I reckon $1000.00 per CWT is about fair, but the littler the hammer is the more it will sell for, as all the hit and giggle blacksmiths will buy them to put in their garages to do wire work with them.
5CWT and over its only idiots like me and Moonie that will look at buying them and using them.

Phil (the idiot on the hill surrounded by hammers)

post-5537-037337700 1284017545_thumb.jpg

Too far for me to go and grab them... Look nice though.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/2010mryan/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Just noticed that the photo listed for the peter pilkington hammer is mirror image or back the front (ie the writing cast into the flywheel is reversed) how wierd is that.

Phil

Just noticed that the photo listed for the peter pilkington hammer is mirror image or back the front (ie the writing cast into the flywheel is reversed) how wierd is that.

Phil

Looking at it from the northern hemisphere it reads correct. Just you blokes down-under on the bottom of the globe seein' it backward!:blink::rolleyes:

That's one of those single acting vacuum hammers isn't it? I had one like that from Sweden, a "Nohab". Without the anvil the ram just falls out! Amazing how well it worked.

Spot on Grant, No piston head, no piston rings, just a guide bar on the back of the ram! super simple and work very nicely.

I was fixing up an Alldays and Onions yesterday (1 cwt) and its exactly the same. My only dislike on them (and its fairly minor) is that for very light work they 'bounce' on the rebound, so every other blow is slightly heavier (or misses the workpiece) Ive rebuilt 3 this year so far and they are all the same, so im guessing its not a valving issue.