I Forge Iron

$400 Trip hammer on ebay

Buy it NOW, Think later! Heck, it says they'll store it for you till you can arrange shipping or pickup.

Postleg: You could be looking at it when someone clicks the "buy now" and you'd be outta luck. Buy it, then go look at it. If it was 10 miles from me, I'd have it in my shop by now. Worst that could happen is you use what ya get to build an air hammer! Looks to me like at least a 50 pound ram.

Just bought it. Took your advice and not take a chance on loosing it. I was thinking that if it couldnt be used as is. It would be a good starting point for a tire hammer. I dont know much about turning it into a air hammer but. Now that I bought it I can look it to that. So be prepaired for questions.

thanks

Just bought it. Took your advice and not take a chance on loosing it. I was thinking that if it couldnt be used as is. It would be a good starting point for a tire hammer. I dont know much about turning it into a air hammer but. Now that I bought it I can look it to that. So be prepaired for questions.

thanks

I think you did fine, Its a neat looking machine and at $400 if you dont want to mess with it you'll have no problem gettin ur dough back

Well, before turning it into tire hammer I'd play with it a good bit. If it seems to work OK then maybe beef it up a little, replace some of the parts with upgrades. The arm on top is crying for real bushings. The toggle arms could use a little redesign. I think it has real potential just the way it is.