I Forge Iron

Iron Kiss forging hammer

It's probably the best buy available for a utility hammer. If you search for comments on these forums, you will find lots of positive comments about John's hammers. The 50# hammer is a relatively new offering and, in my humble opinion, is a great hammer.

The Iron Kiss is (in my opinion) the greatest utility hammer being produced.

John Larson is a very knowlegeable guy, and his hammers are built with an exceptional level of craftsmanship.

I have worked under all but the 75# hammer John makes and I have been impressed by all of them.

They have great control, and the power to move more metal than I would expect for their respective tup weights.

If I was in the market for a utility hammer, I would buy an Iron Kiss.

Mike Lambiase

Are the Iron Kiss forging hammers any good? Mainly the octagon 50.

If you go to John`s blog here on IFI can get a feel for the thought and care that goes into each hammer that John makes.That alone should give you a reason to buy from him.
Grant Sarver,who has had more than a few bits of old iron run thru his hands and makes a living by manufacturing the Off Center Tool line just recently bought one of John`s 75s.I believe Grant said"I could buy any hammer I wanted and that`s just what I did.".Hard to argue with a statement like that.
You can`t go wrong as John`s done some serious homework on these machines,continues to constantly improve them and stands behind them.When I`m in a position to buy new I`ll be buying from John.

Guess I'll make it five for five. I think john's hammers are the best hammers in their size - period! They hit with incredible force for their size and don't require anything additional in the way of base or even foundation due to their very heavy construction and 20:1 anvils. Not to mention, John is a great guy to deal with, stands behind his machines and is on something of a crusade to produce the best possible hammer.

No they are not "good"

They are "great, wonderful or fantastic" The best utility hammer available.

It's not only a great hammer but John sells them for about half what they are worth

SHHHHHHHHHH! Don't let John hear that. At least not until I've had a chance to buy one! :D

I am a mechanical hammer guy BUT I ran Johns 50 and 75 at ABANA both are real good but the 75 will hit as light as the 50 and a whole lot harder on a full power blow. I believe it is more responsive on less air than any utility hammer I have ran. If you are after a utility hammer you can't go wrong here. The dies line up perfect there is no perceviable slop in the guide system and alot of extras are standard. Phil

I have followed John's R&D for three or four years now and from the beginning I'm trying to figure out the best/cheapest way to ship one over the ocean to France rolleyes.gif

I could buy a self-contained in France saving on shipping but the day I'll be able to buy a power hammer, I just want to buy the best one rolleyes.gif
So no matter the extra shipping cost (compensated by the best pound/bucks ratio ever seen), it will be an Octagon, a #50 probably as the shipping cost would be the less, the height is just right to slip under the door of my barrel vault shop and more because the 25:1 ratio would be the safer for my shop (no soil, rock everywhere from my shop to under every house in the village) rolleyes.gif

No other hammer can be the three at one time , not even talking about control, power and the extras, stroke adjuster, clamp...
wink.gif