I Forge Iron

Doin it Dillon style....

monstermetal

Who would have thought the Danger Man had such far reaching influence.All the way to the upper left coast!
Top notch job Larry,as always.You know we want to see those texturing dies. :)

No magic here, It was all textured with one of Grants vine swages, For that matter it was all textured and forged on the 50lb LG that I bought from Grant...

I gotta say his vine swage has made me more money than any other power hammer accessory Ive ever bought, I have run thousands of pounds of steel through it.... It makes a nice bark texture if you pull it straight though

No magic here, It was all textured with one of Grants vine swages, For that matter it was all textured and forged on the 50lb LG that I bought from Grant...

I gotta say his vine swage has made me more money than any other power hammer accessory Ive ever bought, I have run thousands of pounds of steel through it.... It makes a nice bark texture if you pull it straight though

How about a video of you demo-ing the dies.Then Grant can start putting YOUR checks in the mail. ;)

http://www.blacksmithsdepot.com/Templates/cart_templates/cart-detail.php?theLocation=/Resources/Products/SWAGE_spring/Vine_Texture_Spring_Swages
these?

Phil

OK,you got me.We just want more videos of Larry`s ugly mug and his cool toys at work. :D
Face it Phil,Larry "Has more fun than people". ;)

OK,you got me.We just want more videos of Larry`s ugly mug and his cool toys at work. :D
Face it Phil,Larry "Has more fun than people". ;)

I LOVE seeing Larry's videos, and Yes he definitely looks like he has more fun than the rest of us (or at least me)

Phil

looks really nice hopefully I will be able to get some jobs allowing me to make some nicer work like you have.

how much per foot would you charge for something like this in seattle? if you dont mind me asking

I got $350/foot for this stuff... Which is not really enough, I didnt make shop rate which is $90/hr Thing is though I have another couple of these to do for the same house and at the same price I'll make money on them, because I know what I am doing and dont have to go through all the back and forth with the client on design.. This is one of those compromise kind of deals, the client wanted a buffed & wax finish and and a vine like look, the first sample I built was more traditional with the vines wrapping and blacksmith joinery.. But it would have been double the price..... So for half the dough they got welded and blended and a simpler design....

http://www.blacksmithsdepot.com/Templates/cart_templates/cart-detail.php?theLocation=/Resources/Products/SWAGE_spring/Vine_Texture_Spring_Swages
these?

Phil

Yep thats the one, I just use the large one... you can kind of roll smaller things into the edge and if it gets to small then I do just a hammer texture on the end of the taper...

I do have the small one too but its the large size I use 90% of the time..

I'll try and do a wood demo.... I got a couple pretty cool tricks to make nice lookin wood

• 2 weeks later...

for 350 a foot it still looks really nice

if you enjoy it it makes it all the worth the loss of whatever

around here the average price is 100 dollars a foot for a straight picket railing

I know when I can connect with people I will be doing well this next little while I will be working on getting a good business plan and foundation, trying to connect with people.

the average home in the vancouver area is 500 000 dollars thats just for a regular home home built in the 70's-80's that isnt attached to anything

there is money around here people with money are moving here from china and india everyday people say the economy is in bad condition but you cant go 5 miles in any direction without seeing at least 2 new housing projects being built