I Forge Iron

New Gate

you are obviously not a forging fool! the gate looks really good ! i agree with the last post about the wraps at the top if its worth anything, (and it may not be!) because i think the language of it if you get what i mean is different from the rest, in terms of the way it moves and its visual weight... The rest is fantastic and looks really bold and flowing and confident, and i LOVE the color! The main upright sections look really good - Thanks for showing us - would love to see it installed too :)

The gate is my entry for a national craft competition they have here in Ireland every year. This year they have added a traditional ironwork category and I wanted to do something that was obviously hand forged without any modern fabrication involved but with a bit of a contemporary feel. Never used wraps before as I always think they are put there to hide something, but this time I wanted to portray the difference the surface of the river and what lies beneath.