I Forge Iron

Candle Holder

Very nice! Smooth flowing lines. I like it very much. I may need to "borrow" your design.
Someone I know has been asking me for a candle holder and I haven't been able to come up with a good design for them. I think this does it. Thanks for posting.

Mitch

Very nice! Smooth flowing lines. I like it very much. I may need to "borrow" your design.
Someone I know has been asking me for a candle holder and I haven't been able to come up with a good design for them. I think this does it. Thanks for posting.

Mitch

Mitch you are more than welcome and your request shows your decency. I will make some changes mind. With the upright forged from 5/8 rd i would centalize a conic cup to make that element more symmetric.
The dish with 5/8 hole, in position as it is required packing, (ie due to the taper left a void 1.5mm (imperial?)) i filled it with copper strip. This allowed the dish to bite into the soft material and when hammered down held it secure, it also created a pleasant contrast.
Dont forget photos :)

hi Myloh, nice job, it's difficult to asses the size from you pic, How is it for stability?

I have a thing about lit candles in unstable holders, it is a key feature that should be a priority and incorporated in the design stage of this or any other project.

hi Myloh, nice job, it's difficult to asses the size from you pic, How is it for stability?

I have a thing about lit candles in unstable holders, it is a key feature that should be a priority and incorporated in the design stage of this or any other project.

I completely agree, to incorporate instability into the design of ANY work.. well what would be the :) point of that!
Unless of course you were Jean Tinguely.

Pretty chandelier:)
I especially like how you did fitting candle.!
As for me, a little ground does not match the rest of optically is too heavy.
Softer and more slender basis for much better to fit this project:)

Thanks Pawel for the input.
The intention was to make the work optically float.
Appreciate the comment :)