I Forge Iron

Passing of Jimmy Alexander

Pault17

It saddens me to tell you all that the president of NC ABANA, Jimmy Alexander, passed away in the early hours of Wednesday, April 7.

Last year Jimmy went in the hospital for back surgery. Complications of that surgery led to Spinal Meningitis that kept him hospitalized. He was in intensive care most of the time. Infection led to further problems that culminated in cardiac arrest. Even though he was revived he was not able to recover and passed away.
This has all been so tragic. We have lost a great purveyor of the art of blacksmithing, and any kind of metal working.
Jimmy, go bang iron with Christ. Cindy, you are in our prayers.

Confirmed

I found this site after searching Jimmy's name.....I can not believe I have never heard of it before.

Jimmy was a great friend to me and we worked together on many projects over the past 8 years. He and his wife were regulars at all our events(party's, Iron Pours, Bronze pours,etc.) He would drop what ever he was doing and help me do what ever was going on at any time...and I the same for him. He loved top shelf Tequila and I will be toasting him tonight by the fire. The night he passed we drank, laughed and cried while we forged in his name. I will miss him immensely for the rest of my life. He impacted me in so many ways and a lot of people said when we got to going at it we were like an old married couple. I am so fortunate to worked beside him over the years. He was a great man. If any of you guys and gals have facebook I have built a page for Jimmy it is called "Remembering Jimmy Alexander" please post photos and share your stories with us and I will do the same. Over the next few weeks we will be have several events around N.C. honoring Jimmy. I will keep you all posted. One event will be the Iron Pour in Moncure on May the 15th. I turned Jimmy onto casting and he loved ever second of it. Thank you

Michael Waller

I never had the chance to meet Jimmy in person, but had shared some good emails and phone calls with him as a neighboring state guild president over the past few years. I have a deep sense of sympathy for his family, and the NCABANA guys too. We have all lost one of the most pure of heart characters blacksmithing has ever had. His willingness to spread the word and help others are in all the stories I have heard, and little bit of time I spent talking with him.

His family and friends are certainly in my prayers.

Peyton