I Forge Iron

Does anyone use a Majestic Forge?

Mark Wargo New2bs

I'm curious if anyone has experience with Majectic Forge. Also, how does their craftsmanship and durability compare to Diamondback forges? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Mark

I have had my Majestic forge for a couple of weeks and I am very happy with it. It took five minutes to unpack, assemble, and fire up.

I do not know anyone with a Diamondback forge.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice and information guys. I ultimately decided to purchase a Diamondback 2 burner blacksmith model. I ordered it at 11:31 PM last Wednesday and it arrived yesterday. I hooked it up with only one minor gas leak problem around the guage, which was easily resolved with teflon tape. I was up and running quickly. WOW does it heat nicely with no mess and I like being able to roughly adjust temperature by controlling PSI.

Mark

• 5 months later...

I bought a Majestic 2 burner a month ago and fired it up within 15 minutes. It heats very quickly, a RR spike to white hot in about 3-4 minutes with both burners going. Have not had the time to mess with it for serious work yet. I bought it for winter use, outside, I figure I'll put my anvil a few inches in front of it so it captures some heat instead of being air temp when pounding.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Majestic forge for about three weeks now. I have used it three times.

It was very easy to assemble and get running. It heats fairly quickly.

I think that there could have been more attention spent on the welding details of the burner assembly.

Overall, if I was buying for the first time again, I would still go with the Majestic.

Let me qualify that statement with the disclaimer that I have not seen or had any experience with another of this style gas forge.

The Majestic gave me what I wanted within the limited price range I could afford.

If I could have pulled another couple hundred dollars, I would have seriously looked at the Chili forge.

post-11335-005078200 1287840759_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought a two-burner back in 2007 on eBay. Worked really well, got very, very hot consistently. The problem was that it warped the sheet steel it was made out of. It didn't ruin the forge or anything, but it was definitely warped away from the firebrick lining. In addition, the hoses provided are rubber...not that big of a deal but something I noticed about the Diamondback's are that all the hoses are copper tubing, which I would much prefer (less chance of crimp, less chance of something hot melting the rubber and causing a problem).

That being said, I think Majestic's are pretty darn good for the price, and it appears that the manufacturer is using compressed ceramic blankets in lots of his newer models, in lieu of the delicately-brittle firebricks.

Just my two cents.

I have one myself. 2 burner. With the brick. Same scenario happened to me. I relined it all.
They are good for the money. Just needs to have the black iron angled over. Instead of straight up. Gets to hot.
And needs a idle circuit too.
But That's why they are cheaper than most. Nothing a person Can't redo on their own. If they saw fit to do.
Think I'm gonna run copper or probably SS lines. Just cause we use It so much at work. And my pipefitter is better at bending tubing than I. Am. Lol

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Anyone still using one of these and can update on how the do over time? Considering one for my foray into propane forges since they seem to be decently priced, but would love to hear some feedback from someone currently using them.