I Forge Iron

Birthday present for my godson

So my godson turned 10 last tuesday and my memory being what it is, I had alarm set to my cellphone at twelve o'clock. So I'm at work and the alarm goes all beep beep. You guessed right, I had totally forgotten about the birthday so I start thinking what could I make that a ten year old little fella would like and wouldn't take all day to make since I had ton of other things to do that day. Anyway I thought of it for a while and came up with this.

Piggy hook made from a railroad spike. I said to him it could be a hook for his schoolbag.

post-6252-12672884021999_thumb.jpg

It really brought a smile to my face. Very detailed work! I hope your godson holds onto it until he's grown. It will become more valuable with each passing year.

By the way, I looked up Carelia (Karelia?) Finland. Looks like lovely country, but, do you have any dry land there? biggrin.gif What a difference from Arizona!

Sukellos: Well there's a reason it's known as the land of the thousand lakes, thou there actually are just a bit short of 190 000 lakes in here :D Looking from there it might seem like the whole country is one big swamp but there's plenty of dry land as well. And yes it is Karelia, not Carelia had'nt noticed I had a typo there.