I Forge Iron

Over the Top????

Blacksmith58

OK I understand differences of opinions, Freedom Of Speach, Can't we all just get along...... but this has me puzzled. There is a movie coming to the US called Death to a President, is this over the top or exceptable now? Watch the video of George Bush being assassinated | the Daily Mail showing GWB being shot at a Chicago event.

Back in the Day, in the Military we have protection of the President Protocals and Procedures. Any talk, discussion of harm to the President would be reported to Secret Service. This kind of stuff bothers me, any president, either party. This seems wrong! Am I alone?

I too think that this movie is over the top, yet to the film industry nothing is sacred anymore. They can put anything on film. As long as it has multiple explosions every 5 minutes, tons of bodies laying around and dosen't mention God or contain a prayer it will make millions. The First Ammendment gives them the right to produce this tripe, but we can send them a message that it is unacceptable by simply not paying to see it.

Woody

Just heard about this film a couple days ago. Guess I'm still naive; I didn't believe it. Thought someone was joking, and it wasn't very funny. Then I realized that one more unthinkable had been done. Seen a lot of that in the last twenty years or so. Seems like the pace is increasing.

I know I won't be paying to see the film, but I guess that's probably not much of a threat from a guy who hasn't paid to see one in... uh... it's been a while.

Steve

Freedom of Speech. These folks have every right to make this film. I also have freedom of Feet , Ears and Wallet! In other wordsthey can say or spew anything they want, I can leave using my Feet, Freedom of speech doen't gaurentee freedom of ears, and If I don't want to pay to see it, I don't have to.

Governments should be afraid of the people, not the people afraid of the governments.

I've been saying that up here about our politicians for some time...they feel no fear when it comes to stealing our money or giving it to there friends cuz theres no consequences....maybe it'd be differenet if they thought someone might take them out.

Keep it on topic.

When it gets personal and the name calling begins, it gets my attention, Glen's attention and then the guide lines of "no personal attacks" become a rule.

Discuss the topic all you want, but keep it on topic. If you need to discuss personal issues, please use email.

You know Blacksmith 58, you are no better than the people who made that garbage. You FEED the controversy, publicising and advertising for that trash, wether you know it or not, you are exactly the same as the makers of that movie. It's people like you who spread the word perfectly, about all that stuff, that makes others feel stupider for having read it. Do me, and I bet others a favor, and keep this filth to yourself next time.

I stand corrected and you must forgive me for my ignorance. I was unaware that posting oppinions in this fourm on events covered by our national news networks would be such a problem. In keeping with the site administrators guidlines, I was not directing my freedom of speach comments to anyone in particular. My question was, was it over the top. Judging by some of the responses in this OPEN fourm, the answers seems to yes and not quite far enough. I sure am glad I live in a country were open debate and differing opinions are allowed, even recomended! Because a lot of soldiers have died to ensure that we can. Seems we have lost something here; What ever happened to Government of the people, by the people and for the people?

Just an old soldier, saying what's on him mind! If you think I support that movie, then let me set you straight, I don't!

IForgeIron is a blacksmithing site with a world wide audiance. We have over 50 different world wide countries visit the IforgeIron site each month. We try to stay close to the topic of blacksmithing and metal working so everyone is pulling together for a common goal - knowledge in the craft.

Let us keep the discussions related to blacksmithing, sharing the knowledge of the craft and assisting each other. That way we can build friendships and keep IForgeIron a comfortable place for all to visit.

Blacksmith58,

You are correct.

It is over the top and goes to show how low the country has sunk. I don't understand the personal attack on you by Apprenticeman but after looking at his posts on this forum I'm not surprised.

It seems that the groups advancing liberal thought have the least tolerance for any other opinion unless it is theirs.

Take care -

Now now, let's not go stereotyping...I'm a liberal, but also very open-minded and tolerant...the defenition of liberal is "willing to change, free of bigotry....". I am 100% against Bush's policy, but I won't group conservatives as "stupid".

I haven't seen anything on this Bush movie, but people do have a constitutional right to free speech.

OK boys and girls! Lets play nice! We are all in the blacksmithing world and this world is big and bad enough to house all types! Can we all at least on one subject give it a collective Xxxx Yes! That Subject would be that we all have found a mystical or magical relationship with hot metal. Because something happened in you mind when you first saw hot metal move under the influence of your hammer! Can I get a Xxxx YES!