I Forge Iron

1 5/8 4140 Alloy bar stock for sale

My last steel shipment by USPS was mill balls. I ended up building a box of 1/2" plywood and 2x4 and over 20 drywall screws that fit perfectly in the flat rate box. I heard it made it OK. I once had to re-send a "lost" shipment of wrought iron that I had sold at break even price and so lost money on the deal. Ever since then I have made wooden insert boxes and insured everything for enough money that I would be happy to do it over if it got lost!

The postman showed up, honking his horn all the way up the driveway. He wouldn't let me take it out of his truck (liability or something) so I had him drop it on the ground. I unpacked it in the middle of the driveway. Good packing job!
Phil

Haha, that's awesome. Though I wonder about some of these people's physical condition if they can't move a 60 pound box of metal.

Thanks Larry!
I now have a REALLY heavy box in mostly good repair sitting on the picnic table on my front porch! My postman did what postmen do, he delivered it come rain, sleet or snow :D ... in my case rain! Can't weight to dig in when I get it to the shop.

:lol: Only on IFI can I express how happy a box of steel slugs makes me :lol:

when I first read this I was like a dog on a fresh piece of pork-chop. I getting really excited and was about to claim a box until I read a little farther and realized it was all gone.

If you get any more or if you have any more to sell then PLEASE let me know and I will get some.

Will Do Andrew...

Smiths are generally very nice when it comes to sharing----I spent part of my Sunday chopping RR rail with an angle grinder; an armourer in the next state had his piece stolen and I said I'd ship him a replacement and then another fellow wanted the remnant. It's going by SCA mail---local fellow going to the Estrella War is hauling them there and then he's going to stop by the encampment and pick up his piece and drop the other one off on his way home next weekend.

In return I've received farrier's rasps, Ti scrap, a glorious travel anvil, die springs, etc over the years.