I Forge Iron

Hello Everyone

David Browne

Hello, my name is David Browne. I'm an Architectural and Sculptural Blacksmith working in San Diego, Ca. Like many of you, I am a self-proclaimed tool junkie, but mostly, I just really like to make things. I look forward to sharing and learning from the group.

Best regards,
-Dave

post-4136-12626518433178_thumb.jpg

Hello David, and Welcome to IFI. Yeah, we're pretty much all tool junkies. But it's a fun addiction. :D Looking forward to seeing more of your work and hearing from you. BTW, is that a fireplace screen in the photo above? Really nice work.

Thanks for the welcome Curly! Good eye, the photo is a bronze fire screen.

-Dave

Nice work Dave, what alloy bronze you using? Nice hammer, I found a couple of those in N.Y. city.

Thanks Michael. The Bradley has been a great hammer for me. Although I must admit, seeing these big hammers that you and several others are using has ignited my tool envy. My bank account could be in serious trouble...

The fire screen is silicon bronze (655 series).

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still in the Mission Gorge area? I don't wanna bug you guys when I know you're busy and all, but when is a good time to visit your shop? I've been wanting to come check out all your toys. I live up the hill in Murphy Canyon, not a whole lot of forging and banging goin on around here...

Are you still in the Mission Gorge area? I don't wanna bug you guys when I know you're busy and all, but when is a good time to visit your shop? I've been wanting to come check out all your toys. I live up the hill in Murphy Canyon, not a whole lot of forging and banging goin on around here...

dsopac, PM sent.

David, Welcome you mentioned about learning from us but I think its the other way around. You do beutiful work really like the fire screen. Paul

Beth, Dave, Rileyrock, Thomas and everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Paul, thank you, but believe me, I don't have this backwards. It seems the more I learn, the more this craft humbles a person. I learn from everybody. I am astounded by the amount of talent and knowledge assembled in this forum. It seems there is no problem that can't be solved.

My ultimate goal is to come across a problem so complex, yet so subtle that it will even stump the "old Curmudgeon" up north (Grant). :huh:

-DB