I Forge Iron

Proud of Our Military!!!

Blacksmith58

If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture .. and then look again and realize what you're seeing ..

ANGGarudPilotwithSkills.jpg

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helo rescue mission. The pilot is a PA Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life. Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the back end of a chopper down on the roof top of a shack on a steep mountain cliff and hold it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear??? If this does not impress you ... nothing ever will. Gives me the chills and a serious case of the vertigo ... I can't even imagine having the nerve ... much less the talent and ability ... God Bless our military!!!!!

Rick
Happy Hammering! Jet Noise the Sound of Freedom!

When you give up freedom for security, you'll have niether!

Proud to be an American Blacksmith! USAF TSgt. Retired

"Jet Noise! The sound of Freedom". You got that right. My office is directly under RW14 at Kingsley Field. The sound of those F-15's annoy a lot of folks around the office. We're one of two remaining F-15 aerial combat schools and soon to be the last. The other one in florida I think is converting to F-22's so our daily sorties are going to double. Anyway, I reflect on the sacrifice and service of our military every time I hear them. And it's impossible for me to not look up and give silent thanks to those boys. I got to spend 5 hours in their simulator one day and I can tell you they are very busy when push comes to shove. It ain't like "top gun" at all. Gives me goosebumps I tell ya. No sweeter sound than the sound of freedom.

As a retired military guy, I especially appreciate what these men and women are doing . I sleep very well at night because of the sacrifices they make. I'm VERY proud of our people in uniform. May God bless them all with the very best He has to offer. No one EVER deserved it more!!! Levi

My honorable son #3 (19 years old) is driving a Bradley Fighting Vehicle as we speak. He has not yet deployed but tells us he will be in the next battalion to be called to duty. All we can do is trust in the Lord to protect him from harm (that and his tank's composite armor ). Hats off to all vets - current and past...

• 3 weeks later...