I Forge Iron

Hello

Grumpie

Hi everyone, my name is Gordon and I live in the northeast of Scotland. I found your forum today and am looking forward to joining in.
I have just started to restore my workshop after a few years doing other projects, but I am now itching to get back to the smithing, and your forum has already got me all fired up :)

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! One of my dreams is to visit Scotland and Ireland. Once you have some time, will probably take a day or THREE! check out the archives. There are at least 5 yrs of information stored there. Also, once Glenn gets through rearranging the funiture in the gallery, cruse on over there and check out all the pictures. With over 50 countries represented here you can see some amazing iron work. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your! Once again, welcome and Enjoy.

Hi everyone just found this site from a members post on Swedens anthracit site I have been a professional smith for 37 years, and look forward to perusing this site, five years of posts? good thing I'm taking off this week through new years, will be able to do some reading

Grumpy and Smithy1, welcome to IFI. Sounds like neither of you are new to the art. Glad to have you on board and look forward to hearing more from both of you. We all still have room for more knowledge. So don't be afraid to give us tips and tricks to do certain things. Enjoy. :)

I just lost my long winded appreciation with the flick of a button
I don't get much computer time so I always hit the wrong thing.
I tried to send a photo and lost every thing
. I will help with what I can if I can figure out how this #%&*&# thing works

I just lost my long winded appreciation with the flick of a button
I don't get much computer time so I always hit the wrong thing.
I tried to send a photo and lost every thing
. I will help with what I can if I can figure out how this #%&*&# thing works

Welcome aboard you two, Glad to have ya. Normally (for me anyway) I'll suggest editing your profile to show your location but since the holiday's web site work I don't see member's locations at the top of any givin post. <sigh>

So, don't be discouraged by the occasional miskey, even the experts lose most everything at the drop of a stroke.

It takes a little patience and persistence to figure out how to post pictures and with the recent overhaul it may have changed. Don't worry, Glenn and Andrew will get everything ship shape soon.

Again, good to have you and I'm sure looking forward to pictures and some how tos from you, I've been playing with fire and hammers for a few decades but am never ashamed to adopt do dads, ideas, techniques, tools, snappy sayings, etc. from others. <wink>

Frosty

Hi everyone, my name is Gordon and I live in the northeast of Scotland. I found your forum today and am looking forward to joining in.

I have just started to restore my workshop after a few years doing other projects, but I am now itching to get back to the smithing, and your forum has already got me all fired up :)

Hey Grumps welcome aboard, glad to have ya!

There sure seems to be a lot of folk joined our little wild bunch in the last week or so. The more the merrier. Scotland is one of those places I've always wanted to see, maybe one of these days eh? If you ever get to Alaska in the far north USA please look me up.

Frosty

Welcome to the forum. Please add your location to your profile so people can tailor answers to your location.

You can place your location in the "Location" in the "Other Information" section of the forums "Profile". An example can be seen under my Avatar. :D

How to put a location under your Avatar

Step 1. Click on your name on the upper right hand corner of this screen for example Bob would click on “Mainely.Bob”.
Step 2. Scroll down and Click on "My Profile"
Step 3. Chick on “Edit My Profile” button near the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 4. Scroll down in the next screen to “Other Information” heading on the screen.
Step 5. In the “Location ” box, type your location into this box.
Step 6. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click on the box that says, “Save Changes”.

I hope this helps. If not let me know where I may need to elaborate.