I Forge Iron

What started it all....

Paul42`

New to forum here and forging as well. I took a weekend course and this was the piece that started my new obsession...lol. (Never quite finished it, but one of these days.)

After quite a long wait, my shop is now almost ready to go! This is a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending some time here.

Paul

19993.attach

Don't worry about the cast iron cookware, you just don't need it --- yet. When the need arises, you will be prepared :D I do a bit of cooking myself, and I have my Mom's Wagner, and Griswold cast iron pans, love em. The only one that I have not located yet was one that she called a Dutch oven. It is not like the standard Dutch oven, it was two standard deep pans that could be interlocked forming an oven.

Nice job on the shield crest.

Welcome Paul!

You'll love it here for sure! Collecting all those "useful" items just goes with the territory so settle in and get comfortable with it.

I hear ya on cast iron cookware . . . I only use a wood-burning cook stove to make my meals and heat the house so it's all C/I for me - never met a piece of it I didn't like!

Post some shots of your shop when you get a chance - we love pics here!!

I have two daughters (7 & 10)... the older one is almost more excited than I am waiting for the new forge to arrive - and that's with Christmas just around the corner!!!!!:) She just helped me lay a new brick floor in part of the shop and kept saying "this is so much fun!" Personally, I'm still hurt'n from moving all the bricks!:o