I Forge Iron

First horse head complements of Mr Eddy

I was down at Eddy Rainy's shop (GallopForge.Com :: Eddie Rainey's Gallop Forge: Investment Quality Ironwork) a while back and he gave me an unfinished horse head he had lying around. (Not a real one, a horse head made of steel.) Anyway, I finally got 'round to finishing it.
The piece he gave me had the division between the head and neck, the head was roughly shaped, the ears started, the jaw erea flattened out, and the mane flattened. I had to put in the mouth, nose, eyes, finish the ears, finish flattening and texture the mane, and then I punched the hole in it too.

DSC03236.jpg
DSC03235.jpg
DSC03234.jpg

Thoughts???
Suggestions???

Dave

The finish is an artist spray found in the wal-mart art section. It comes in a blue and white bottle a little smaller than a spray paint can. I like to use the gloss version, but it comes in flatt as well. It's simple and can be applied cold which is a plus for larger indoor items. Doesn't hold up to the elements for outside pieces though.
Dave

The finish on the horse head is as follows.

Name brand is "Plaid"
Under that, the front says "Patricia Nimocks, the magic name in crafts- DECORATIVE CRAFTS-CLEAR ACRYLIC SEALER-GLOSS"

It is aparently made by "Plaid Enterprises, Inc. Norcross, Ga. www.plaidonline.com"

Hope that helps, if not just let me know.

Dave

The brown on the main area is brass added while hot with the brass brush. Any other brown is discoloration from artificial light polution.

Why thank you Mr. Eddy! I would indeed like to stop by again but I doubt we'll be able to! I'll definately try though! :) Soap ehhhh? You know there is a modern service called the USPS (united states postal service) and they actually allow us to send things to people in defferent states! LOL

I'll see what I can do!

Dave