I Forge Iron

Forging a pair of bolt head tongs 2

TechnicusJoe

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed the video very much, but I had to take my headphones off, the ring of the anvil was killing me, I don't know how you stand it, yikes!!

You really cant stand it? i prefer a nice sweet ring, makes me aware of that my anvil is of good quality, which Kohlswas usually are Edited by TechnicusJoe

Some silent videos with voice over are so dry they almost can be used for kindling. I like the shop sounds with the music, but for describing process, the other sounds should be turned way down, or muted entirely, I do agree with that. Voiced direction in the shop with all that background ruckus is hard to understand.

Phil

I have to agree with the rest. That's a great vid, but I had to mute it. You either have no neighbors, deaf neighbors, or saintly patient neighbors. :)

thanks for the kind words guy, but keep one thing in mind, my camera makes the ring louder than it really is, and im aware of i have to be careful with my eyes and ears years, but still thanks for your concerns

Joe

If noise is a problem, you could record the video with out sound, then add it in later as vocal description of progress. Dave Robertson does this on his videos and it's so much easier to pick up on his techniques.

Cheers,
Rob K

Bob, sound isnt a problem at all! and I intanted to do the music with the sound of shop, otherwise it could be so dry as has been said, on the other side, I DON'T put music or what so every in my vids when im talking so i can be understand clearly. and why should we nag about some sounds, it isnt that hard to put the speakers lower or dont you have a volume controle? and if you do have that you can use the one on YT:confused:

and what i cannot understand is how would editing out some sounds improve the way of picking up techniques? doesnt make sense to me

Joe