I Forge Iron

one heat horse head

karen here...
I just figured out how to use my video on my digital camera the other day....
had Brian do some one heat things to check it out.....
Picasa Web Albums - brianbrazealblack... - one heat hors...

Brian:

Isn't this the same basic horse head you uploaded some drawings for making a while ago?

Thank you. This is going to be early on my list of things to try when I'm recovered enough to return to the forge.

Speaking of getting back into the fire, one of the guys from the local association, an IFI member, Metalmangler by handle has offered to help me get back to the forge. I'm sure it'll be a few months at least before my strength and balance are up to getting Deb to approve but then Mark has offered to let me visit his place and get back into the swing there.

Now, something new to try. Life just isn't any better than this.

Frosty

It is good to have you back, Frosty. I've asked about you everywhere we've been. It's been a whirlwind on the road and we seldom have internet access, so staying in touch has been difficult.

Those were the same drawings for the 3D horse head and the same way of making the horse out of flat bar in the video.

It is good to have you back, Frosty. I've asked about you everywhere we've been. It's been a whirlwind on the road and we seldom have internet access, so staying in touch has been difficult.

Those were the same drawings for the 3D horse head and the same way of making the horse out of flat bar in the video.

I thought the video looked like the drawing equence. It's sure easier to follow and I'll be taking the laptop to the shop when I'm in shape.

Thanks for the good thoughts Brian, the response to my accident from folks on the forum was and is a bit overwhelming. I know it made a really big difference to how well and fast I'm recovering. You guys are the greatest.

Frosty

As always Brian, excellent work. I like the way you use the edge of the anvil on the second half face blow (to under sling the front of the jaw), tricky for a beginner to do that without flattening the first half face blow that made the cheek. Great demo of technical skills.