I Forge Iron

100 anvils/90vises in Greenville N.Y.

Hard to buy an anvil or whatever with out a picture. And he won't answer emails... Shipping would kill me anyway...if my wife didn't first that is:) She doesn't think I need anymore anvils OR leg vises. I keep trying to convience her otherwise but to no avail. (shhh, I'm going to go look at one tomorrow, not sure what kind it is. If I do get it and am still ALIVE I'll report back to IFI...mums the word...)

Your secret is good with us. After all, this is the Internet! :D

Yea, I know, but fortunately she doesn't frequent this site!:)

The trick is to have a little Girly like mine that likes to work in the shop with you

My little Girly loves what I do with metal, just has no interest in helping or learning. She was the same way when I was in the Martial Arts, watch and video but no play! :) She always said someone had to be able to drive home!

Remind her to be sure to list the details of the estate sale here!

Pretty much the first decision we made as a couple---before out marriage even! was that I should buy an anvil we were looking at at a garage sale (165" PW great condition $100, 1984 AR)

She says I have a "Harem of anvils"

I spoke to the gentleman with the anvils today, and he said he would try to send me an email list of inventory and prices. He is about a three hour drive north of me. I will try to post the list here if I get it. He sounded sincere about the number of pieces.

Personally I am only looking for missing holes in the collection for the museum. If my anvil count was my harem, I'd be dead. Soon to have one anvil for each day of the year.....

The anvil I went to look at was a stump anvil. It was in a living estate auction and after 2 hrs of watching junk sale I saw no end to it and left. No idea what it sold for, had more important things to do. Probably went way cheap...good for whoever got it. It had a torched hole in it for a pritchel.:(

I went up to the shop today. LOTS of nice stuff-if you're looking for a cheap price go elsewhere. The prices I got were realistic end user prices. I picked up a excellent condition, big vice-the screw threads are like new-jaws pristine. Saw some really nice anvils. Everything from colonial to new TFS.
Take care,
Mark