I Forge Iron

ID this anvil, i can figure it out

hey ya'll i got this anvil today and wire brushed it up to see who the maker was but not much luck, this baby is in rough shape and weighs in at 87# w/out the heel thats broken off but it's got a great ring to it and the face is in great shape....ok well the face thats not broken off that is.
on one side on the anvil there is a "0" on the horn side and an "8" on the heel side, on the other side are some letters but i cannot figure them out.
So any ideas, i ran a google search but no luck so far so i figure i'll drop it in ya'll laps and see what ya'll come up with on this, so thx for your help in advance.

18501.attach

18502.attach

18503.attach

18504.attach

Edited by outsider
poor spelling

thx NJ for the help, yeah it's had a rough life indeed but thats ok, i have a nice anvil but i'll work this one out to something useful, the face has like 1/32 say in it if that and the ring is sweet music to mine ears.
I have plans for this baby and with a lil help from some friends it should turn out to be something useful, i'll post pix when i git 'er done!

It is an old english anvil marked GREEN

went back out to the shop and now what lettering is still legible sure does say Green, thx for the help on this folks!
Any more info on this "Green" anvil like dates ect, i'll research it as well but it's easy to ask here since most research on the net usually takes me here anyway....lol

Looks like it had a thick face and lots of it left. I have an old anvil with a paternity issue---side says Pow... As my name is Powers I had to get it. Over 100# and missing heel but *great* *face*. Cost me $40 and it's the anvil I bring to classes where I know that the students will be needing to sledge a lot---they can't break off the heel!

I tell students starting out to look for damaged anvils as they are often quite usable and dirt cheap!