I Forge Iron

100 pound propane tank purchase tips

Well, I went ahead and did it. two 100 pound tanks with about 50 pounds of propane between em for $160. Date of manufacture 10/06, so I got nine good years... Hope my arm holds up:D I was also thinking I can run a small foundry furnace from them.... Down the road:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the input, BTW don't tell Arnie I have them, he may pass a law or something...

I wasn't much into the ocean, other than fishing in it, or looking at it. It was my shooting hobby that helped me make my decision after my folks passed away. If I stayed there CA would have considered me a felon for owning rifles with "evil" features that I had purchased in CA years earlier. They kept changing the laws on two of my hobbies (cars, and guns) to the point where it was difficult to pursue them. Got tired of it, and started over in Southern Nevada. Huge difference just a state away. Vegas was too big for me, so I moved out to a rural area where I can pursue my hobbies, and have space around me. The only rush hour traffic I have here is when the Quail are coming through my property in the morning, and the evening :D

I tell ya, one state away is a world of difference! I live in the foothills and shooting is no issue as long as one has friends in Nevada.... you know what I mean. Sometimes I think I made a big mistake stopping in the foothills, the rules and regs. of Ca. can be crippling. AND the roads suck!

My old car collection is a '73 2002 BMW and a '67 P1800 Volvo:)

The P1800's were one Volvo I wouldn't mind driving, especially a wagon. Clean shape.

For me it is a 2001 Dodge 3500, 4x4,6 spd, CTD for hauling, and a 98 Saturn SW2 for commuting. Both have over 200,000 miles now. The toys are a 74 Gold Duster, 72 F250 4x4, 72 Olds 98 Ambulance, 67 M715, and a 60 Chrysler Windsor 2dr hdt. I still have to pick up the M53 that I bought. Been thinking recently about selling all of the toys off to get the one car that I have always wanted, a 1941 Willys coupe. I found a guy who makes a very affordable body, and it is hand laid mat-no chopper gun.

As for shooting, I hear machine guns on some weekends where I live, and have friends with class 3 items; machine guns, SBR's, canons, mortars, flame throwers, and suppressors. Most class 3 stuff is a bit out of my price range, but a suppressor may be in the future. Funny how they are regulated here, but encouraged in Europe as a safety device (hearing protection).

The foothills are a nice area, and can understand why you stopped there. Unfortunately the big metro areas Bay Area, LA, etc. get more votes in than the rural areas. The attitudes in the outlying areas is vastly different from the urban centers. CA would be a far different state if the rurals made more of the decisions.

My first love, ah, I mean car was a '51 Willy's pick-up with a 283 and overdrive. What fun I had in that truck!!!!

You know why they have all that amazing head room? Its because nothing hops like a Willy's in 4 wheel drive:D

No machine guns around here unless you can pull the trigger REALY fast. Every once in a while... New years, fourth of july etc. I hear something REALY BIG go off. I think it could be Dynamite. I LIKE class 3 explosives, there a little hard to come by around here though.