I Forge Iron

Scot sword ban

JPH

You misunderstand me, cowboy was being used as an epithet in this case. We were in North Carolina, and the only cows in sight were shaggy Highland cattle.

I mean that they consider all of us "Colonials" to be cowboys: IE, swaggering rednecks, ruffians, rubes, uncivilized knuckle draggers to be sneered at for even **wanting** to have the right to carry a simple pocketknife, much less a (Horrors!) pistol. They seem to see the Right to Bear Arms as a proof of our being a primitive culture, and not of our independent nature. They have given up even the right to self defense in the home.

Once upon a time, the sun never set on the mighty British Empire. Now, we are on that same slippery slope.

Funny how an epithet in one person`s vocabulary can become a compliment to the person hearing it.Anybody called me a cowboy I`d say thanks.
Reminds me of a popular bumper sticker during the oil boom"Please don`t tell my Ma I work in the oil patch.She still thinks I`m a piano player in a cat house."

IME the people who push for laws outlawing things like guns,swords,knives and even bar glasses are the same people who never took the time to become competent in their proper use.Fear can be a powerful motivator,I have yet to see it used as an effective stand alone defense in anything but a courtroom.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic