I Forge Iron

Something else I whipped out

JPH

Hello:

Thank you all for the kind words..well I got the beast finished...and the sheath is done..

The leather is oxblood red and the chape/locket is 900 fine silver with 10Kt gold roping. The stone is a 48 ct red/purple star ruby and as far as the overall "package" goes well..the thing looks pretty good if you ask me..

I wasn't too sure about the colour combination on the black horn, the red bronze fittings, silver ferrules and gold trimmed silver chape/locket..but the star ruby and the oxblood red of the leather just "ties everything together" quite nicely, at least to me.

The only "down side" to this is that this was a custom order that the person who ordered it wasn't able to fulfill on so...Up on the web site if goes here shortly. Oh well..at least the deposit covered the precious metals and the ruby...

I don't seem too get many cancellations as far as orders go (thankfully so...) so I guess the website is the place for this to be until someone finds it and decides they can't live without it..

Hope these photos come out..I am no photographer in any sense of the word...

JPH

17215.attach

17216.attach

17217.attach

It just gets better and better.

I'd shoot it against a lighter background with diffuse lighting. The highlights are making it darker than is best.

On the other hand it gives it a dark sinister look, not evil, just very deadly businesslike looking. Were I to come across a band of swordsmen in that post apocalyptic world you mentioned earlier and five guys had beautifully bejeweled swords and one guy had this one, the last guy is the one I'd be worried about.

I hope that ramble made more sense than nonsense. Oh well.

She's a beauty.

Frosty

It just gets better and better.

I'd shoot it against a lighter background with diffuse lighting. The highlights are making it darker than is best.

Frosty

I might actually try a darker background too. I've found that sometimes you can't overcome the contrast between a light and dark object, no matter how good the lighting is. Something to experiment with at any rate. If the brightness of the background is closer to the brighness of the object being photographed (though of a different color) more detail can be seen.

Beautiful package JPH. Really, really nice, and I have a hard time believing that it will be waiting long for a new home.