I Forge Iron

My "New" Old Blowers (With Request)

Had a post up recently telling everyone about a great deal I made exchanging work for three old blowers.

Got a little Buffalo Company Blower, on a stand, that works, but doesn't seem to blow to strongly.

A Champion Lancaster, almost like new, without a stand that blows great. (Any ideas how to make a good sturdy stand for this?)

Finally a big, geared, Champion Lancaster that has a stand, and everything is moving fine, except it is missing a little gear that allows that handle to spin the fan.

So my little request is if anyone knows where I can get a gear for this or has a gear for this they are willing to trade or sell I would greatly appreciate a PM! : ) (You can see in the picture of the gear box where the little gear is missing between the two big gears.) I also broke two bolts that hold the face plate of the blower on if you have or know where to get any of those, PM! lol Also going to put up some pics of a working table I got in the deal as well.

P8160385.JPG P8160384.JPG P8160383.JPG P8160379.JPG

If you can't find the gear maybe you could make one or have one cut at a machine shop.I had a link somewhere that you can use to make a template for making gears,I'll post it here if I find it.
Found it,It's for making wooden gears but I don't think the blower is that tight that you can't file the teeth to mesh right.
http://woodgears.ca/gear_cutting/template.html

Edited by 48willys